My Workout Music
Now that I am going to the gym more often, I am spending a little more quality time with my music player. I currently have a paid version of Spotify so I can use it on my phone much like iTunes, however – just as a side note, you can totally use Spotify on your desktop computer for free. When you are done reading each and every post on my blog because it’s so awesome, you should check out Spotify too ;) (and kidding about reading my posts. Hahaha)
Anyways, Here is some of the artists you will find me lip-singing to at the gym:
Now, above, I have listed my favorite songs to work out to at this moment. Let’s break it down, shall we?
- Beyonce’s Countdown – Hands down my favorite Beyonce song. It’s all over the place, but it’s wonderful. I’m going to be honest though, I celebrate all things Beyonce, so just mentioning one song isn’t really doing her enough justice. While working out, there really is no one else that pumps me up like Beyonce.
- LMFAO’s Sexy and I Know It – Oh man, I LOVE me some RedFoo and SkyBlu. I also love working out to this song. It makes me feel like I am in my own comedy. Especially the “WIGGLE WIGGLE WIGGLE WIGGLE WIGGLE, ya.” I literally have to wiggle every time that part comes on. It’s science.
- Lady Gaga’s Edge of Glory – I haven’t made a post about it yet, but I am IN LOVE with Lady Gaga. Expect weird obsessive posts in the future, where I somehow tie Lady Gaga to my weight loss journey. I will make it work. I like Edge of Glory because I love the lyrics. Specifically the main part, “I’m on the Eddgggeee of Glloooorrrryyyyy.” It makes me feel like I’m in the Olympics or something. I pump some iron to this song, and I feel like I can TAKE ON THE WORLD. Bwahaha!
- Lonely Island’s I’m On a Boat - (warning, this song is for mature audiences due to language)- This song (and really any song by Lonely Island) I put in my workout mix to make me laugh while I am doing a monotonous workout. This particular one is a classic favorite by them. Also, the songs are hip-hopish so the beats are easy to work out to.
- Ludacris’s How Low - Again, the lyrics on this one are not for the faint of heart, however, I think they are HILARIOUS. Sometimes a girl likes to shake her booty to Ludacris…. Just sayin’
- Fergie’s Fergalicious - One of my all-time favorite songs. Little known fact about me… I almost got in a car accident while singing the rap part of this song. I had creeped out into the intersection on an unprotected left, and while I was so in the Fergie zone, must have not realized my light had turned red and I was still in the intersection. We were ok, but every time I am a sub-par driver, my boyfriend just yells, “ERIN! FERGALICIOUS!” and I know exactly what he’s talking about. Because of my love for Fergie, this is a MUST on my workout playlist.
Well, and I think that sums it up. I hope that gives you some ideas to keep you going!! So, in the great words of Fergie, “I’ll be up in the gym, just workin’ on my fitness.”